These expansion statistics show how Central Alberta measures up in international business. Become part of a growing global movement!
The spirit in Central Alberta inspires entrepreneurs to take their businesses to the next level.
- In 2014, Alberta exported $121.4 billion in commodities to 195 countries, representing an increase of 17.9% from 2013.
- Central Alberta exports an increasing amount and variety of manufactured products such as petrochemicals, food products, and metals and machinery.
- Alberta’s manufacturing sector is quickly growing; manufacturing exports have increased by 35% between 2009 and 2014.
- Alberta is the only western province that offers overnight, or less than 24-hour delivery service to all of western Canada and the U.S. Pacific Northwest – a market of more than 15 million consumers.
- In 2014 Alberta goods were imported by 195 countries; the top five export markets (in order) were:
- United States
- European Union
2014 Small Business, Big Impact
Alberta Small Business Profile
Small Business in Alberta